Upholstery cleaning may seem easy enough to do, but without proper training and cleaning equipment, the results may be disastrous. Furniture is expensive, so it is important to maintain its appearance and keeps its integrity as long as possible. Children, pets, and even adults can be hard on furniture. Day to day living will take its toll on upholstery. SteamLine has all the tools and training to make your upholstery spotless and bring it back to life. Cleaning upholstery in Richmond area: Glen Allen, Short Pump, Richmond, Chester, Chesterfield, Mechanicsville, Midlothian. There are several steps in upholstery cleaning process.
Upholstery cleaning process:
There are three steps to the upholstery cleaning process: preparation, cleaning, and finishing.
1. Vacuum the entire piece of furniture to remove loose hair and dry soils.
2. Apply upholstery treatment that soaks into upholstery and traps soils. Treatment of upholstery fabric with cleaning solutions will break up stains and soils, and also release them from upholstery’s fiber. In some cases, additional spot cleaning, pet stains, and odor removal may be necessary.
3. To break up heavy stains, pre-scrub soiled parts of furniture, it will help to release them from fibers.
4. Clean and dry entire piece of furniture with water extraction tool, it will remove remaining spots and soils.
5. Furniture will dry in 2-3 hours, but in some cases, speed dry may be necessary.