DIY carpet cleaning using a rental carpet cleaner may be tempting, but to maintain your floors spotlessly and reduce wear and tear, it’s best to hire carpet cleaning expert. Many people in Richmond area go do-it-yourself route thinking to save some money, but most of the times they end up spending more.
Depending on soiling and traffic it’s recommended to clean carpets annually or even biannually. And yet most people clean their carpets less frequently. At SteamLine we can deep clean your carpet thoroughly with hot water on a regular basis. It also helps to avoid potentially dangerous problems like a high level of dirt build up or even mold, which can lead to replacing of carpet floor.
You can rent a portable carpet cleaner from home improvement stores or grocery stores. Carpet cleaner rental cost anywhere from $50 to $100 per day, plus the cost of the carpet cleaning solution another $20-$30. Cleaning carpet with a small portable machine is very time-consuming. Carpet cleaning using rental equipment can take up to three hours per room, and whole house can take you easily a whole day.
Risks of using rented carpet cleaner include:
1. Takes too much time to clean carpets: a rental carpet cleaner machines are too small and take more time to clean your space
2. Oversaturation: because they use more water and vacuums is not powerful enough to recover most of the water drying time usually is too long. All this can lead to damaging the flooring beyond repair, or you might suffer from mold or mildew
3. Underpowered to handle the job: rental carpet cleaners are simply not powerful enough to remove even regular soils
4. Hard to use: equipment could be hard to move around
5. Equipment failure: rented equipment could break or work incorrectly
6. Carpet cleaning solutions are not in the powerful concentrations that professionals have access to.
While DIY carpet cleaning is the less expensive option for homeowners, you can end up spending more or even worse – replacing your carpet. Weigh all pros and cons of DIY carpet cleaning and decide if it worth the investment and potential additional costs.
For affordable carpet cleaning contact SteamLine carpet cleaning restoration. Our trained carpet cleaning technicians use truckmounted cleaning equipment and professional carpet pre-sprays. Carpet cleaner company in Richmond area. Servicing Glen Allen, Richmond, Chester, Chesterfield, Midlothian, Ashland, Mechanicsville, and surrounding.