Carpet stretching employed when a carpet is starting to wrinkle. Mistakes during installation, moving heavy furniture, traffic and even normal wear usually caused carpet to ripple. SteamLine provides expert carpet stretching and carpet repair services throughout Richmond area which includes: Richmond, Glen Allen, Chester, Chesterfield, Midlothian, Mechanicsville, Ashland, and surrounding. It’s best to leave it to the professionals like SteamLine, who trained how to stretch the carpet. SteamLine technicians can repair and re-stretch carpet quickly restoring it to its original state.
Carpet stretching steps:
- Remove furniture or move it to the one side of the room.
- Detach the carpet from tack strips. Staples that are attached to the pad of the flooring must be removed before lifted from the subfloor.
- Make sure tack strips are firmly attached to the floor. Tack strip pins should be at the proper angle and free of rust.
- Verify that carpet padding not damaged and has not wrinkled under the carpet.
- Verify there is no carpet delamination.
- Cut the seams open at all doorways if necessary.
- Using a power stretcher stretch the carpet in each room.
- Stretching one room and leaving a connected room or hallway not re-stretched will likely cause wrinkles to reappear.
- As the carpet is repositioned with power stretching some doorways and floor vents will require pieces to be seamed into the carpet.